Position Type: Full Time
Location: Stamford, CT
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Information Technology – Infrastructure
About the Position:
The Infrastructure and Systems Administrator supports the organization and the Technology Infrastructure team in daily technology operations from a network and systems perspective. The role is responsible for the proper administration of network devices, systems, servers, connectivity as well as project management of I.T. Infrastructure projects. The person will work closely with all Information Technology team members, technology vendors as well as across all our divisions.
Job Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Maintain network infrastructure; internal/external connectivity, switches, firewalls routers, iOS versions, servers and technology hardware.
- Work with team members and cross-functionally as well as with Telecom carriers on technology projects and system refreshes
- Participate in and manage IT projects, system security audits; recommend, resolve and close vulnerabilities
- Maintain and administer intrusion prevention and detection systems
- Configure and deploy infrastructure systems and solutions
- Upgrade/Scale enterprise network by analyzing, assessing, testing and installing required components
- Maintain network systems/device inventory and vendor contracts
- Recommend and procure network devices and systems
- Document systems and connectivity topologies
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
- Monitor, optimize and tune internal/external networks and system performance
- Work closely with the Director of Infrastructure and team members to assist in the day-to-day technology operations – assist in incident/ticket resolution, coordinate vendor meetings, provide consistent communication to/from the team, maintain and create technology documentation.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience supporting cross-functional teams in a corporate environment.
- Expertise in internal/external routing, network security, protocols and devices.
- Familiar with Cisco Catalyst switches, routers and firewalls (CCNA).
- Administrator level knowledge of Active Directory, Windows servers and desktops.
- Ability to effectively manage network scalability, work with technology resources and vendors
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to articulate technology concepts to non-technical personnel
- Experience creating documentation and presentation information – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and procedures, incident management and response, production and staging environments as they relate to technology infrastructure.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Willingness to learn multiple systems to support the organization
- Professional level certification in Cisco switches, routers and firewalls (CCNP).
- Experience supporting groupware/email platforms.
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries, AIX and Power systems
- Experience with technology project management fundamentals
- Experience working with operational and capital expense budgets
*NO RECRUITERS PLEASE*
Please send your resume to Doug Hamilton at [email protected]
Chateaux, headquartered in Westport, CT, is always looking for experienced technologists for consulting projects and full-time positions throughout the Northeast and the Midwest. We’ve been in business for over 30 years which means we have staying power, and with that are a host of characteristics that you can count on such as financial strength, benefits, compensation, and team work.